Friday 19 July 2013

Meet...the Holmertz family

PJ Holmertz is the AIM short-term missions coordinator for Kenya and Tanzania. Based in Nairobi, PJ and his wife Emily make practical arrangements, welcome, host and orientate short termers like me. Their aim is helping short-term placements have a long term impact, on the local church, on long term missionaries and in the short termers themselves as they get to know Jesus more and make him known.
Aiden, PJ, Emily and Sarah
For us in remote northern Kenya, PJ is the guy we email when we have difficulties and questions or 'need' more nutella or some new films. His USB stick has flown up here several times loaded with new things to watch, our favourite being all three series of Downton Abbey! Seriously though, I have been tremendously blessed by the hospitality, support and love this family have given to me, especially when I first arrived and on breaks in Nairobi.

 
Originally from the USA, the Holmertz family have been in Kenya for two  years. But this week they head back to the US for a five month home assignment so I won't see them again before I leave. You can join with me praying for them that they enjoy their time back home, have safe travels, get to see everyone, and that they are able to recharge spiritually and physically before returning to Nairobi in 2014.
 
Safari njema!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment