Friday 2 August 2013

My irteeyo and rimrimo

Earlier this week Mama Jane presented me with my own set of Rendille beads, called irteeyo. Such a generous gift from this big-hearted lady.
 
Then I visited Goratee who has been making a head dress, or rimrimo, for me. I have been going to her a few times a week for the last few weeks in order to have my head measured and check it fits. I learned that either I have a big head and/or Rendille women have incredibly small heads as my rimrimo could go over the top of theirs with lots of space! Finally I got word that it was finished and picked it up.

Outside Mama Jane's (newly extended) min - both wearing out irteeyos
 
 With Mama Jane, her grandson Giddy, and Seku and Ntala (two girls who live with her)
 
 Goratee putting the finishing touches on my rimrimo
 
My outfit is almost complete
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment