Tuesday 27 November 2012

In my first 12 weeks in Korr I didn’t …

…wear long sleeves
walk or drive on tarmac
use a washing machine
print anything or use a photocopier
go out in trousers
use a white board
wear a seatbelt
go upstairs
make or received a telephone call
have clean feet for any length of time
buy anything from a shop
get cash out
walk on carpet
wear socks
see a snake (yet!)

These are just some of the things that are very different about life in Korr. I thank God he has helped me cope with the various challenges and adapt to the differences. Now I am away from Korr I miss the wide open skies, the bright sunshine, the simplicity of life and how very friendly everyone is! I look forward to going back next month but am enjoying city life for a while first.

No comments:

Post a Comment