Saturday 3 November 2012

The Night of the Scorpion

After nine weeks in Korr I have at last seen my first scorpion. I was just walking back from the shower and saw the elusive creature in my torch beam. He was about 10cm long and a light orangey colour. I quickly ran to tell the others and Nick jumped up to come to my rescue. However, I’d run not out of fear but out of excitement; I wanted to share my discovery! It took some time to relocate Mr Scorpion who then came to a sudden death under Obailey the night watchman’s sandal! In the drama of it all I forgot to take a photo.

Fear not, unlike in the poem with the same name as this post, I wasn't bitten!

1 comment:

  1. Exciting! I hear that it's the little ones that you have to watch out for - always check your shoes before you stick them on!

    ReplyDelete