Tuesday 4 September 2012

First day of term

Me and another volunteer outside a classroom ready to issue text books on registration day.
Lessons start tomorrow after registration today. I'm going to be teaching Biology and English, as well as being school nurse/first aider. I am really enjoying the adventure and novelty of everything at the moment. I walked to school on my own this afternoon - an adventure in itself when there aren't roads, signs or normal landmarks. However, with a small detour I managed it: head towards 'town', go past the wells, cross the dried up river bed, up towards the town (a mixture of brick and concrete buildings and traditional huts), right past the mosque, line up the two hills on the horizon and towards the school compound. And along the way say hello (neebey) to locals dressed in traditional costume, children dressed in very little and school students! Takes about 20 mins!

No comments:

Post a Comment